Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me

(A cake fit for a husband)

I had to wait for 34 years to receive my first ever birthday cake. We are only 3 years in marriage with Precious, but she has already done the unxpected. I’ve been dreaming of having a cake written my name for many years. Oh yes, the time arrived on 30 June 2010. Without expecting it; when I arrived home, my wife sang for me a birthday song joined by my little daughter, Nanette. Wow, a cake was presented to me. I couldn’t believe it. I nearly broke to tears.

I’ve bought many cakes for many children in the past but no one has ever bought me one. Thank God for my beautiful woman. I sometimes ask myself, “Do I really deserve this?”

There was a time I thought our marriage was over. People had written our marriage off; friends and relatives had concluded about us; but you know what, God being so faithful has restored our marriage in a miraculous way. Oh how I love Jesus, because he loved me first.

No comments: