Tuesday, December 9, 2008

CRIES WITHOUT TEARS-THE JOURNEY BEGINS CHAPTER 3

This is a picture of my last born, Nanette. She is just 7 months. I know I was just like her at her age.



Cries Without Tears-The Journey Begins Chapter 3

'My mother was a God fearing woman. No day would pass without her consulting with her God; the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as she would normally say in her long prayers.

I strongly believe that my mother sometimes spoke to God mouth to mouth; if not, the Holy Spirit was visible to her.

At one moment she worshiped God the whole night with songs and praises, seated on her bed; with her Methodist hymn on her hands and a candle light placed on the chair by her bed.

She started with praises immediately after we had our supper.

I and my half brother slept on the mat by her bed; and my sister and my nephew slept on the same bed with my mother in a one room house.

The whole night she sang; praise song aftter the other, tune after tune.

Many times I would wake up and find that she was singing a different song. The last time I woke up she was praying and it was towards day break.

When we woke up to get ourselves ready to go to school, she was already dressed up in her black mourning gown. She was ready to go to work. She was now working as a cleaner at a local hotel.

She looked fresh and annointing shone on her face. In did she had been with her God. You could tell that she had joy and peace withing herself.

The world meant nothing to her, for in God she had everything.

That same morning after my mother had left, a big snake appeared under her bed. It was a very big snake. Fortunately my elder brother Vicente was present. After a long struggle with it, he managed to kill it. Neighbours were amazed and some said they would abandon the house.

On her return, my mother was told about the events that took place immediately after she left; the snake under her bed and how it was killed. We also advised her to abandon the house.

With pride, she said, "We shall step on snakes and scorpions and they shall never bite us, only if we believe in Him."

That was my mother; a short, light in complexion woman with a sharp voice. She was not fat at all.

We lived under God's principles and worshiped Him day and night.

We were taught to recite a prayer every morning and before we go to bed; to the God of my mother; the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The God who led the Israelites out of Egypt to the promise land.

"Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.
For thy is the Kingdom,
the Power and the Glory,
forever and ever
Amen"

We lived in poverty, but God remained the same God. He was so faithful.

Atleast we had something to eat everyday. We could go to school like all other children did, though sometimes we could walk barefooted.

What I remember the most, we were never sick. My mother was only asthmatic and she would normally be on her bed during bad weathers.

I also had one brother who was a staunch Christian and on fire about the gospel. He also had an impact in increasing our faith.

In fact he is the same brother who forced me to accept the Lord Jesus Christ by beating me up. Thanks to him, today He is still the same Lord in my life. I know that one day I'l come face to face with my Messiah.

No comments: