Monday, December 1, 2008

He is God

Nanette and my wife Precious



Two weeks are ago I received an email from my old friend, Gift Nkuna. It had been sometime we communicated. Sadly he had to tell me that, early this year God blessed them (nkuna family) with a baby girl and unfortunately after 3 months she passed away. Just on that note; she complemented us on our new born Nanette who is now 7 months.

I'm still struggling to come into terms with the news of their lost, and I ponder on how great God is for my family.

It was the month of June this year in Swaziland where I was staying with my family. Nanette was only 2 months. It started with my 3 year old daughter who is now 3 years old. She was having a terrible diarrhoa and vomiting. It all started when i was not home.

When I came back she could not eat or move herself.

I rushed her to hospital, the Mbabane government hospital which is a main hospital in Swaziland. She recovered only after 2 days, but we continued giving her medication as it was prescribed.

We thought all was over; then it was Nanette. She was having diarrhoea and vomiting too. Without realisng her skull was visible and there was a big hole on top of her head. She had difficulties in breathing. She lost weight so quick.

We rushed her to hospital. On arrival we were attended by a staff nurse who looked at my baby and said. "She won't live to see the next day."

I held back my baby very close to my chest. I was shaking and when I looked my wife, she was crying.

We were reffered to the Doctor's office.

Before we could enter the Doctor's office, I held my wife close with one hand and the baby with my other hand I prayed this prayer, "Lord, if you have borrowed us this child, take her. If you want us to be with this child for the rest of our lives and a be a blessing to the Nations, save her. In Jesus name Amen"

I had something to tell my wife, "Forget about what the Doctors and nurses say now. Fix your eyes to Him. He is still the same god; the God of Abraham, I saac and Jacob."

My wife looked calm but shaking a lot. Our hope was in Him.

We entered the Doctor's office and without any delay the Doctor gave her his full attention. The Doctor was heard saying, "The child is not looking good at all and nothing special I can prescribe for her except the salt/sugar mixture."

That's what we had to take home, salt/sugar mixture. We had to give her every after 15 minutes the whole night according to the Doctor. That means if she manage to see the next day we would come back to the hospital early in morning.

We didn't sleep and the whole night we were watching our baby and praying and giving her the mixture.

We saw her recovering slowly but surely. The hole on the head closed up and her pale skin changed to normal. We continued feeding her the mixture and praying hard to God to save our baby.

Nanette survived. As we took her to the Doctor the next morning, she looked much better. My wife looked more relaxed than the day before. My soul sang a song of praise to him; "I know the Lord will make a way for me."

Yes, the Lord saved Nanette and she was given extra medicine, but we knew that God was an extra medicine. Today she is 7 months growing so strong and healthy.

I want to say to the Nkuna family, everything happens for a good reason. God had borrowed you a child for 3 months and He knew why. Know that He is still the same God; the God who is still with you today. Honour Him and be faithfull to Him all the time. Good things are still yet to come. Be like Abraham, be like Joshua and the rest of the faithful men in the bible.

No comments: