Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED ON THIS DAY OF 30 APRIL 2008

Big Girl


Nanette wa Papa
365 days ago

At 3 am in the morning, Precious woke up and start complaining about stomach disorder. I asked her, ‘Is it a normal stomach ache or it’s something new to you.’

“No Solomon, It’s not normal”. She said.

‘You want to give birth.’ I said while pulling the blanket and returning to my sleep. There were the 2 of us in the room.

At 5 am, she woke me up again. I told her that she is about to give birth and there was no need to panic.

I watched her pulling me and calling her mother’s name who was 550 km away from Maputo.

Whenever she wanted to go to the bathroom she would pull me around.

When it was 7am I helped her bath, then my friend came with his car. We took Precious to the nearest hospital which was 4-5 minutes drive.

It was about 8am when I left Precious at the Chamanculo Hospital.

Within an hour I received a call that she has a baby girl already. I was happy, very happy.

Strange enough, I came with all my baby clothes we bought and her bathing basin. People looked and laughed at me as I marched to hospital in a happy mood carrying the baby basin and many baby clothes.

I and Precious took care of our child without any help from anybody while she was very young. We learnt to bath her, feed her, dress her and we monitored her, changing from one stage to another.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANETTE. WE LOVE YOU.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANETTE
From Mama

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANETTE
From Tracy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANETTE
From Connie

No comments: